H-1B Visa - Requirements and Procedures of Getting the H-1B Visa
The H-1B visa is also called a Person in Specialty Occupation Visa. This means that you qualify for the H-1B visa if you are accepted in a specific job position which has the following requirements:
- Possession of an advanced educational degree such as:
- A 4 four year Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent degrees)
- A Master’s or Doctoral Degree
- Advanced training or vocational skills (examples include fashion models)
- Qualify to work in research and development projects of the US Department of Defense or other government positions.
- Examples of job positions might be:
- IT specialists.
- Lawyers, etc.
The H-1B work visa is initiated by an employer in the United States. The employer must have an open job position and they cannot find an American employee who is qualified enough to complete the work. This can be any position that requires higher education degrees or that is specialized enough in skills that not many people can do it successfully.
Specialty Occupation (Professional) visas:
- An application may obtain an H-1B Specialty Occupation Visa to work in a specialty occupation. A specialty occupation requires a higher education degree or its equivalent.